Turmeric Powder (Organic) - 50g, 100g, 250g or 500g
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is an edible root that grows underground horizontally and is known for its bright yellow colour. It holds a bit of mystical element, yet is prized for its healing powers. The fresh root has a pleasantly mild, delicate yet distinct flavor, described as earthy and bitter with a slight hint of sweetness and citrus; it is surprisingly juicy and crisp to the bite. It’s related to ginger, looking and tasting vaguely similar. The white variety has a lighter flesh colour yet holds a stronger flavour.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF TURMERIC
Turmeric is one the most thoroughly researched plants in existence today. Its medicinal properties and components (primarily curcumin) have been extensively studied, with this sacred plant revealing huge potential preventive and therapeutic applications. Here are a few reasons you may want to try turmeric…
The most valued of all, are the active ingredient curcuminoids, the naturally occurring yellow-orange phytochemicals found in turmeric root. Curcumin is the most recognised for its extensive health benefits. Curcumin is known as…
As little as 1 teaspoon (3 or 4 grams) of fresh turmeric included in your meal daily is recommended to nourish the body and prevent illness, giving you about 100 mg of curcumin along the way.
HOW TO USE FRESH TURMERIC (click here to view)
Gently peel the root with a peeler, knife or the back of a spoon. Trim off both ends and prepare as needed for your recipe; sliced, minced, julienned, grated, into rounds, finely or roughly chopped…
• Marinate in fresh lime juice for three days. Add to any recipe for a kick.
• Use it raw: grate into a cabbage/carrot slaw to kick the flavor up
• Add to stir-fries, sautéing it like you would garlic or ginger.
• Use in place of dry turmeric for a fresh, lively result.
• Add to potato or egg salad.
• Great in Thai recipes: add to curries, soups or stir fries.
• Add to any lentil dish. Add to soups.
• Keep in mind that combining turmeric with black pepper aids the body in accessing more of turmeric’s benefits.
• Add a few tablespoons of chopped turmeric with Basmati rice in a little coconut milk and water. The turmeric keeps its texture and taste and the rice does not turn colour.
• Healing and healthy used in pickling recipes.