Chilli Powder (fine) - 100g pottle
Also Known as
Lal Mirchi powder
Description Red chilli powder has a propensity to set ears a-buzzing and tongues a-tingling. A spice blend consisting of one or two types of dried red chiles that are ground and pulverized into a fine powder. Also referred to as a "chile" powder, this type of seasoning may contain not only ground chiles, but also a mixture of other spices, such as cumin, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, and salt, mixed into the chili powder. Foods are often enhanced with this powder, depending on the chiles used for the powder and the intensity of the heat in the chile. The fruit is eaten cooked or raw for its fiery hot flavour which is concentrated along the top of the pod.
· Chilli powder adds flavor and heat to ethnic dishes.
· Used it moderation it adds a lovely red glow and sharp flavour to dishes without setting anything on fire
· Include in any pot of beans or with baked corn and casseroles.
· Chilli powder can be used as a rub or mixed with oil for marinades on Paneer or sliced vegetables.
· It adds a wonderful "bite" to tomato-based sauces.
How to Store
Chili powder has a long shelf life. Store away from light and heat in airtight containers. It will remain fresh up to two years. Chunks of asafoetida can be added to retain its freshness.
· It is blessed with a hefty dose of capsaicin. This compound, which gives chilli peppers their heat, may boost metabolism slightly.
· Red chillies are very rich in vitamin C and provitamin A.